THE BENEFITS OF A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST
- Simple to set up.
- Gives you 100 percent control.
- Allows you to make changes any time you wish.
- Avoids the high cost of probate.
- Saves from 6 to 60 percent of estate loss.
- Drastically decreases attorney estate settlement fees.
- Keeps your family in control upon your death.
- Greatly simplifies the administration of your estate.
- Cuts time of settlement to a few weeks within most estates – not years!
- Minimizes family stress, in-fighting and contestability.
- Provides stronger legal validity than a Will.
- Offers a means to care for special needs such as:
– a handicapped child, spend-thrift child, two-marriage families
– provide for grandchildren
– professional management of the estate
- Protects both spouses or survivors when they become disabled.
- Allows your savings, home and day-to-day finances to be managed for you by a loved one or family member.
- Completes planning now that is normally done after a disability, emergency or death when the family should be serving the emotional needs of the survivors or the disabled senior.
- Protects the family assets from forced liquidation.
- Gives your heirs control of your affairs, instead of an attorney and/or Probate Courts.
- Communicates special wishes more effectively than a simple Will.
- Avoids the trap of simultaneous death problems normally not addressed by a Will.